Applying for a mortgage loan requires many important decisions. At Southern Bank we’re not only here to help with making the right choice but to help guide you along the way. Below is a list of items needed to apply for a mortgage. (Additional information may be required.)
- W2s (past 2 years)
- Most recent paystubs (past 30 days)
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of employers (past 2 years)
- Bank statements for all checking, savings, mutual funds, 401K accounts (past 2 months)
- Other real estate you own, including addresses, annual taxes, insurance, plus leases and tax returns related to any rental income (past 2 years)
- Permanent Residency card (if applicable)
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Sales Contract or Offer to Purchase
- If self-employed, 2 years personal tax returns (business tax returns where applicable) including all schedules and year-to-date profit and loss
- Copy of Divorce Decree or separation agreement (if applicable)
Before shopping for a new home, you may contact a Southern Bank Loan Officer to initiate a “prequalification” request. A prequalification letter may be provided to a realtor and will give you an idea of the price range of homes for which you may qualify.
Our Loan Officers are here to listen to your specific needs and answer any and all questions you may have. Contact your local branch and ask to speak with a Loan Officer.